绝对的原题有木有。尤其是后面三个competency question。 一定好好准备。这里给列的这么详细了。。。应该可以写出很多。
So he started withconfiring all the details (ie your name, programme, university, working visa)and proceeded to the interview.
1) After 2 years of studies, how you have finally come up to the stage offinding jobs in the banking industry?
2) Why transaction banking?
3) What does it mean to you if you are hired by SC?
4) Why IGP?
5) Tell me how the IGP could help you achieve your long term career goals?
(Already talked about 25 minutes)
6) An example when you need to organize a task systematically - What was thetask? - How did you organize it systematically? - What were the challenges? -How did you ensure you and your colleagues work are of high standard? - Howdid you ensure everyone meets the deadline? - What did you learn? - What wasthe outcome of the project?
7) An example of working with people with different opinion - how many peoplewere against you? - Why were they against you? - What was your rationale? - howdid you manage the relationship between your members? - how did you convincethem? - What was the outcome? - What was the lesson learnt? - Will you doanything else if you encountered this next time?
(around 20 mins)
8) An example when you need to adapt to a new things quickly - What were thethings that you needed to adapt to? - Why did you need to adapt to thatquickly? - How did you adapt to it? - What was your feeling when you first facethese challenges? - What was the outcome? - What did you learn from it?
(Around 15 minutes)
Tests and otherapplication materials submitted on Oct 5th. Received phone call to scheduleappointment on Oct 9th afternoon, which means I got only half day to prepare...
1) prepare a cup of water. (It lasted for 1.5 hour -.-)
2) Be clear in your points, like 1,2,3... cuz the man was typing everythingdown.
3) Use STAR model to organize you answer to make interviewers life easier.(according to my observation, he was following a situation-task-action-resultpattern). He will ask you for exact answers to fill in each spot anyway.
4) Be prepared to be broken in your little speech, save your tongue, he willdig any detail out and sometimes make you repeat the things you alreadymentioned...
Part 1: clarification of personal details and function preferences.
Part 2: motivation.
1) What have you learned from your study?
2) Why this program?
3) Why real estate? (Guess I made a rare choice -.- but my second option is WB)
3) What means to you to get into SC?
4) What is your motivation?
5) Any questions for me?
Part 3: Competency
1) How well could you systematically solve a problem?
When exactly? How long did you prepared? Explain how did you use a systematicapproach there? How did you usually organize yourself? How do you avoidmistakes? How to meet deadlines? What was the biggest challenge? How did youcope with it? What was the result?
2) An example for different opinions? (I spent a lot of time explaining howfinancial stuff works there >,
How many people there? What was the proportion against you? What was youropinion & theirs (cuz he tried to figure out if my logic was perfect)? Howdid you work the conflict out? How did you establish relationship with people(I mentioned that as a means to solve conflict)? Any other methods youve used?Would you do things differently if there is a second chance? Why? What was youfinal result? Did you reach your original goal?
3) A time when you adapt yourself quickly to a new environment?
Which year? School name (relevant to my answer)? What did the challenges comefrom? How quickly did you adapt yourself? By which means? Any other ways? Whatmotivated you to keep going on? What was the result?
4) Any supplemental stuff? or questions?
Wish you guys good luck!