What does the man probably do?
A. A teacher B. A lawyer C. A doctor
2. What will the woman do these evening?
A. Have a meal with the man.
B. Help her brother with his English.
C. Give the restaurant a phone call.
3. Who is calling?
A. Mr. Jacobs’ secretary
B. Mr. Smith’s secretary.
C. Mr. Ford’s secretary.
4. When will the morning tea break be after the conversation?
A. At 10:00. B. At 10:30. C. At 11:00.
5. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Doctor and nurse. B. Doctor and patient.
C. Teacher and student.
6. Why does the man come to the woman?
A. To get back his document.
B. To hand in his document.
C. To ask about his document.
7. When can the man get the result?
A. This Tuesday. B. Next Monday.
C. Next Tuesday.
8. What is the shelf like?
A. It’s wooden.
B. It’s a meter long.
C. It’s a meter wide.
9. How much should the woman pay if she buys the shelf next week?
A. $20.50. B. $17.50. C. $14.50.
10. What’s the first purpose of advertising?
A. Telling consumers information about the product.
B. Introducing the manufacturers to consumers.
C. Selling the product to consumers.
11. What do people consider most when making a purchase?
A. Advertisements. B. Popularity.
C. Economy and convenience.
12. Who usually influences the man?
A. Some sports heroes. B. Some movie stars. C. Some politicians. 请听第9段材料，回答第13至16题。
13. When did the woman start swimming originally?
A. After her youngest child was born.
B. After her oldest child was born.
C. After she joined the swimming club.
14. How often does the woman practice swimming in the winter and spring?
A. Every day. B. Every two days. C. Every three days.
15. What prizes has the woman won?
A. Three individual medals.
B. One individual medal and two team cups.
C. Two individual medals and one team cup.
16. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. The woman will enter a competition today.
B. The woman’s husband doesn’t like swimming.
C. The woman’s fourth child is three years old.
17. Where did the speaker grow up?
A. In the US. B. In France. C. In Spain.
18. What did the speaker focus on years ago?
A. His education. B. His profession. C. His family.
19. What does the speaker often do on the hikes with his children?
A. He tells them stories or shares personal experiences.
B. He points out the wildlife and plants along the way.
C. He teaches them how to survive in an emergency.
20. What can we learn from the text?
A. The speaker got married in Spain.
B. There are five people in the speaker’s family.
C. There are open talks in the speaker’s family.
第二部 分英语知识运用 (共两节.满分45分)
第一节 单项填空 (共15小题，每小题1分，满分15分)
21.While watching Titanic, most people couldn’t help crying when it came to the scene_____ Jack saves the life of the girl but dies in icy water himself.
A.which B. what C. why D. where
22. She spent as much time as she could _______ over the lessons.
A.go B. to go C. going D. went
23. _______homework do the middle school students have to do that they have no time to take a rest or play now.
A.So little B. Much too C. Too much D. So much
24. I have been keeping the photo of my daughter_________ I can see it easily every day.
A.which B. where C. when D. whether
25. We brought Discovery home safely. It was ______ important step for NASA as it regains _______confidence of the American people.
A./; a B. a; the C. an; the D. the; the
26. --- Who is making so much noise in the garden?
--- ______ the children.
A.There are B. They are C. That is D. It is
27. ---- How can we get to the airport, Jane? It’s too far and too expensive to take a taxi.
---- Don’t worry. There is a _______ bus service to the airport.