2014年杭州市各类高中招生模拟考试一模（江干区） 笔试部分 （95分）
16. The underlined part in the word “birthday” is pronounced as _____.
A. / i: / B. / i / C. / ?: / D. / ? /
17. Mary has ____ e-dictionary. She got it from her uncle.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
18. ---Do you know Alice?
---Yes. I know _____ very well.
A. she B. her C. herself D. /
19. --- A latest English newspaper. Please!
--- Only one copy left. Would you like to have ______, sir?
A. one B. this C. that D. it
20. The teacher asked the students to ______ a story about a trip to the room.
A. get up B. turn up C. clean up D. make up
21. It is ______ outside. Let?s put on our raincoats and go out.
A. cold B. hot C. sunny D. rainy
22. Drivers _______ make telephone calls while driving according to the new traffic rules.
A. mustn?t B. couldn?t C. needn?t D. may not
23. --- I haven?t seen Jack for three days, is he ill?
---_______________. His mother told me that he was in hospital.
A. I am afraid so B. I hope not C. I don?t think so D. I am afraid not
24. --- So many people in the park!
--- Yes. Nobody likes to stay at home ______ Saturday morning to Sunday evening.
A. in B. on C. from D. at
25. The boy talking in the next room can?t be Tom. I know his ______ well.
A. noise B. sound C. voice D. habit
26. ---Will you go to the movies with me?
--- Not until I ______ my homework.
A. have finished B. will finish C. finished D. had finished
27. A person ______ can reach out to help others is always welcome.
A. whom B. who C. that D. which
28. ---Look, the light in Jim?s room is still on. Do you know _____?
---To study for the coming exam, maybe.
A. if he works hard B. how he is
C. Why he stays up so late D. when he will go to bed
29. Terry _____ anything about it. So he had a great surprise when he heard of it?
A. didn?t tell B. doesn?t tell C. wasn?t told D. hasn?t told
30. --- Be quick, we must be the first to interview the pop star.
A. East or west, home is the best B. The early bird catches the worn
C. Many hands make light work D. Don?t put all your eggs in one basket
通读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后在各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。 Fishing with Grandpa
One day, my grandfather went fishing, and let me come with him. He handed the rod to （浮标漂浮着） together 32 we sat there, hoping for a bite（咬）.
The sun us. We sat and talked. “I remember when I could sit here and watch the in the water,” he said. “Sometimes, they?d jump out andneed a rod and bait (饵) at that moment.”
“We have to be 36 .” He continued. “The fish may come or they may not. It doesn?t matter. We?re out in theit had rained, we wouldn?t be here. We?re lucky to have the warmth of the sun.”
He leaned（靠） back against a tree. “Yes, it?s a 39 day,” he said.
I watched our bobbers. 40 fish pulled them under that day. It didn?t matter. I was with Grandpa. I felt grown up. Just being with him was special.
He was well loved by everyone and I wanted to be 41 him when I grew up. He?d he had, but he could still find time to laugh.
bait a hook(钩子）, the value of a good friend, respect for my 31. A.feel B.legs C.arms D.ears
32. A.before B.as C.since D.after
33. A.warmed B.heated C.shone D.brightened
34. A.running B.going C.lying D.sit
35. A.stand B.sleep C.worried D.patient
36. A.excited B.sad C.worried D.patient
37. A.day B.sun C.water D.pool
38. A.If B.when C.while D.Until
39. A.funny B.busy C.big D.great
40. A.Many B.Enough C.Some D.No
41. A.look after B.lean from C.be like D.care for
42. A.few B.little C.much D.many
43. A.interesting B.amazing C.relaxing D.surprising
44. A.laugh B.time C.work D.fish
45. A.confidence B.importance C.dependence D.difference
It was a normal, busy morning. At about 8:30 am, George, when an old man in his
80s,arrived at Queen Alexandra Hospital , England, to have stitches removed(拆线)from his hand.
George told me that he was in a hurry that he had an appointment at 9:15 am. I weighed him, took his blood pressure(血压) and invited him to take a seat in the waiting area, I saw him looking at his watch and asked George if he had another doctors appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.
George told me no, but that he needed to go to St Christopher?s Nursing Home to eat breakfast with his wife . He told me that she had Alzheimer?s disease(老年痴呆症).
As we talked, I asked if she would be sad if he was a bit late. George replied that she no longer knew who he was and that she had not recognized him in five years
I was surprised, "And you still go every morning, even though she doesnt know who you are?"I asked him.
"She doesnt know me, but I know who she is." He answered with a smile.
I had to hold back tears as George left. That is the kind of love I want in my life.” I thought. True love is neither physical, not romantic. The happiest people dont necessarily have the best of everything. Life isnt about how to make the best of everything they have, but how to survive(存活) the storm, dance in the rain.
46. Why was George in a hurry when he was in the hospital?
A. Because he had to look after his grandson.
B. Because he wanted to see his wife on time.
C. Because he had another doctor?s appointment.
D. Because he didn?t feel comfortable.
47. George?s wife wouldn?t be sad if he was late, because_____________________
A. she was often late, too
B. she couldn?t recognize him
C. she knew George was busy
D. she didn?t want to see him
48 which of the followings is similar to the underlined sentence in paragraph 4?
A. George?s wife couldn?t get to know him 5 years before.
B. George?s wife refused to get along with him 5 years before.
C. George?s wife no longer wanted to see him 5 years before.
D. George?s wife came to recognize him 5 years before.
49. Who would have true love according to the writer?
A. People who are the most romantic.
B. People who have everything.
C. People who make the best of everything they have.
D. People who are physically strong.
50. What is the best title of the passage?
A. Enjoy the moment in life
B. Love everyone around you
C. Learn to survive
D. Value the one you own
There are over 800 boarding (寄宿) schools in the UK with students from home and foreign countries. Boarding schools started hundreds of years ago in the country. But the earliest boarding schools were set up for white, rich boys only. Now both boys and girls can go to boarding schools from the age of 7 to 18.
What to do?
In the UK, boarding schools have three terms in a school year, with about 13 weeks in each term. Students study and live together. They can?t go outside if they are not allowed to. In some schools, each student has his or her subject plan. Besides the usual classrooms and
laboratories, the boarding schools have lots of other facilities for their students, including music rooms, boats, swimming pools, cinemas and theatres. Most boarding schools have a “light out” time. So when it?s time to go to bed, all the lights in the bedrooms are turned off. There are house-masters to take care of students all the time, especially after school hours.
What to wear?
Nearly all students at boarding schools wear a school uniform. Boys usually wear a shirt and a tie, and girls wear a white blouse, sometimes also a tie and a skirt. As students get older, the rules become less strict.
In the UK, boarding schools provide students with delicious food. They can choose to have a full English breakfast or simply bread. They can also choose between a meal with no meat and another meal at lunch and dinner. And there is always self-service for salad (沙拉), other side dishes and a dessert. Students can also make themselves something to eat at any time in a kitchen, or drink tea or have a snack between meals.
51. The underlined word ?facilities? means _____________.in Chinese.
A. 教师 B. 设施 C. 活动 D. 课程
52. Most boarding schools have a light-out time when________________________
A. the house-masters come to look after the students
B. the students have finished their subject plans
C. it?s the time for the students to go to bed
D. all the students are in after-school hours
53. Students can make themselves something to eat in a kitchen_________________
A. at breakfast time B. at any time
C. in the classroom D. in self-service area
54. Which is the best title for the last paragraph?
A. What to eat B. When to eat C. Where to eat D. How to eat
55.Which of the following is TRUE according to (根据) the passage?
A. Only white children were allowed to attend the earliest boarding schools.
B. Students in a boarding school are looked after only after school hours.
C. As students get older, the rules about wearing school uniforms become stricter.
D. Students can have different activities in a boarding school.
第二节:请仔细阅读题56-60关于Carol，Mark. Stella, Dave和John的兴趣爱好，然后根据题后A-F中对各张唱片的面熟，分别选出适合每个人的唱片，其中有一项多余。
56. Carol Morgan likes many kinds of music, but her favorite is jazz. The only music she
really doesn?t like is piano music, even if it?s jazz.
57. Mark doesn?t care very much about music, but he does like to have soft, gentle music
playing in his flat sometimes. He doesn?t like classical （古典的）or jazz music, but he likes piano playing.
58. Stella likes all kinds of music, but her favourite instrument is electric guitar. She also quite
likes jazz and folk music.
59. Dave only likes rock and pop, but he enjoys classical music better.
60. John likes country music because he thinks that country music has great voices and the
words are good. He listens to country music nearly all the time.
A. The best of Keith Jarrett
The master of jazz piano continues to surprise audiences around the world. This collection of his greatest work includes The Koln Concert, Part 1 and extracts from the Paris Concert as well. Excellent value and a must for all jazz lovers. ?12.99.
B. Richard Thompson 1980-2000
Thompson?s attractive electric guitar playing, and his folk-rock songs, are gathered together on a 2-CD collection that shows the best of his work over the past twenty years. ?18.99.
C. Richard Claydermsn
French pianist, known for his relaxing piano music, has this new collection out on CD. Ideal as a present for the person who likes relaxing background music. ? 9.99.
In this collection, Meredith Edwards shows that her voice is perfect for country music. People who like country music should really try it. Great value at ? 9.99.
E. The Best of Paco Pena
The great classical guitarist shows all his brilliance in this new collection. Works by Vila-Lobos and Haydn, amongst others with rock and pop. Great value at only ? 9.99. F. Wynton Marsalis
The great jazz trumpeter(吹号手) has put together some of his best-known numbers and a few new pieces on this magical set. Perhaps not as classical as his last offering, but all jazz lovers will want this one anyway. ? 13.99.
七、词语填空(共10小题，计10分) the environment. Maybe that?s ____62____ there are 1.4 billion bicycles and only 400 million cars on roads worldwide today. Bikes can take you almost ___63_____, and there is no oil cost!
Get on a bicycle and ride around your neighborhood. You may discover something new all around you. Stopping and getting off a bike is ___64____ than stopping and getting out of your car. You can ____65_____to work and benefit (受益) from the enjoyable exercise without polluting the environment. You don?t even have to ride all the way.
Folding (折叠) bikes ____66_____ well for people who ride the train. Just fold the bike and take it with you. You can do the same on an airplane. A folding bike can be packed in a suitcase. You can also take a common bike with you when you __67___. But be sure to look for
information by getting on airline websites. Not all airlines are bicycle-friendly to __68_____. Health Benefits of Bicycling:
△ It helps to prevent heart diseases.
Bicycling helps to control your weight.
A 15-minute bike ride ____69____ and from work three times a week burns off five kilos of fat in a year.
△ Bicycling can improve your mood (心情).Exercise ____70_____ bicycling has been shown to make people feel better, more relaxed and self-confident.
△ Bicycling is healthier than driving.
71. I went to the l_____ to borrow an English-Chinese dictionary yesterday.
72. Jackson f_____ off his bike and broke his arm this morning.
73. Would you mind c_____ the door? It?s cold outside.
74. Mr. Smith often walks to work. But s______ he rides his bike to work.
75. The boy is a good swimmer. He can swim a_____ the wide river.
76. Working all day on the computer makes my e___ really tired.
77. The beautiful bird in the tree i______ many people. They all stopped to look up.
78. The color of the sweater fits you well, t____ it?s a little too small.
79. There are f_____ people in the art club, eighteen girls and twenty-two boys.
80. The old woman has to look for a much q_____ house for she can?t sleep well in the noisy
Impolite manners can be seen in public places quite often. Here is a situation from a No. 56
bus. A man with a handbag on his keens(膝盖) is ____________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keys : 16-20: CBBDD 21-25: DAACC 26-30: ABCCB
31-35: CDADC 36-40: DBADD 41-45: CBBAB
46-50: BBACD 51-55: BCBAD 56-60:FCBED
61-70: healthy, why, anywhere, easier, bike, work, fly, travelers, to, like
71-80: library, fell, closing, sometimes, across, eyes, interested, though, forty, quieter.